UK Teachers Recruitment… Are you dreaming of being employed in the UK as a teacher? If yes, the opportunity is here. The United Kingdom Teachers Recruitment is ongoing. This recruitment is suitable for all interested Nigerians and other developing countries in Africa that wants to teach in the UK high schools and colleges with well-structured and commensurate salary earnings. Continue reading this article to know the requirement, how to apply, the closing date, and other important information.
Is UK Teachers Recruitment 2023 Ongoing?
Yes, the United Kingdom Department for Education announced that interested Nigerians can now apply for Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) through Teaching Regulation Agency from February 2023. To get employed by UK’s Department for Education, QTS is a legal requirement for every teacher, including teachers from outside England.
Below is the eligibility for UK teachers recruitment.
UK Teachers Recruitment | Eligibility Criteria
According to the Government of the United Kingdom through its education agency, Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA), the following are the requirements for Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) for non-UK teachers. Applicants are expected to have the following starting from 1st February 2023.
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree, which must be verified by the UK’s European Network of Information Centres (ENIC).
- He/she must be qualified to teach children aged between 5 – 16 years.
- Interested applicants must meet a certain standard of English language proficiency (for example, IELTS SELT Consortium – 5.5, CEFR B2 level of English proficiency, LanguageCert – 33/50, Trinity College London – Pass, Pearson – 59, PSI Services (UK) Ltd – Pass)
- Applicants must meet the standard of a level 6 qualification which qualifies the candidate to teach children aged 11 to 16 in mathematics, languages, or science.
- Prospective applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in at least 50% mathematics, science or a language (English taught in English state schools not included) e.g: French, Italian, German Japanese, Mandarin, Latin, Russian, Spanish, Mathematics, and science qualifications).
The following are the major academic qualifications approved by the government of the United Kingdom concerning UK teachers recruitment:
- Interested applicants must possess a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- The certificate uploaded by the applicant must be a bachelor’s degree from a UK or non-UK university,
- Applicants must have a General Certificate of Secondary Education, which is an English language qualification.
- To be eligible to teach children, applicants must have a grade four GCSE in mathematics.
- Applicants must be knowledgeable in physics, chemistry, or biology (science).
How to Apply for UK Teachers Recruitment
To apply for UK teachers recruitment, go to the recruitment portal https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start. Click on the “Start Now” green button to check your eligibility. If you have started the application already, select “Yes, sign in and continue application” or select “No, I need to check if I can apply” for a new applicant. Then, click on “Continue” to fill out the required information and upload documents.
Submit your online application and print out the registration slip which contains your unique ID.
Closing date for UK Teachers Recruitment
The United Kingdom Department for Education has not yet announced the closing date for UK teacher recruitment. We’ll update you when the deadline is published. Ensure you visit this webpage frequently.
UK Teachers Recruitment FAQS
How do I get a teaching job in the UK?
To get a job as a teacher in the United Kingdom, you have to visit the UK government’s Teaching vacancies service and look for an available teaching opportunity. If you found any teaching role that matches your profession, reach out to the school and apply. At times, the school can be your sponsor and help you apply for your visa. You would be employed by individual schools, not by the Department for Education
How do I qualify as a teacher in the UK?
To qualify as a teacher in the United Kingdom, you must have a Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) issued by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) in the United Kingdom. Getting a teaching job in UK from Nigeria is now simple because interested applicants do not need a formal teacher training qualification before being employed.
Is the UK employing Nigerian teachers?
Yes, the government of the United Kingdom is now employing Nigerian teachers to teach in schools in England. If you’re eligible, rush and apply now.
Kindi Recruit is an online platform that provides job seekers with all recruitment updates, both within and outside of Nigeria. Interested applicants have the choice to choose any job that fits their qualifications and discipline.
Follow us on: Facebook, LinkedIn