Do you wish to know Ghana Police Clearance Certificate and how to apply for it? If yes, this article contains the e-services website, requirements, list of services and statutory fees, and how you can apply for a police certificate online.
Are you currently living in Ghana, or do you want to live in Ghana? Would you like to know how to apply for a clearance certificate, which is part of your obligation? If yes, do not worry; through this article, you will learn how to easily apply for the Ghana Police Clearance, a list of services and statutory fees charged by various departments, and other vital information about the Ghana Police Clearance Certificate.
There are a lot of information available in this article, including
- How can I get police clearance certificate in Ghana?
- How much is police clearance certificate in Ghana?
- How long does it take to get police clearance certificate in Ghana?
Overview of Ghana Police Clearance Certificate
A Police Clearance Report is a document issued by the Criminal Data Services Bureau (CDSB) of the Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID). This department manages and records data on all criminals in the country and scrutinizes all individuals residing in and outside of the country.
The bureau carries out three types of examinations. To obtain the report, applicants must provide a self-explanatory letter stating the period of their legal stay in Ghana. Once these basic requirements are completed, the applicant is required to pay a processing fee.
How to Apply for Ghana Police Clearance Certificate
Here is the procedure for getting a clearance certificate.
To obtain a Police Clearance Certificate from Ghana, applicants must fill out the POLICE CID FORM 196. This form requires basic personal details, passport information, educational history, address, and signature.
Additionally, applicants must provide a set of fingerprint impressions (ten prints), which includes ink-rolled fingerprints and a passport-size photograph. These fingerprint impressions must be taken by a qualified fingerprint officer at their organization.
If you are authorizing the organization to act on your behalf, you must submit a valid power of attorney with your signature on the application form.
Once the application process is completed, the certificate will be posted to the forwarding address provided by the applicant.
Information and documents you need
For Residents “If you have resided in Ghana for a duration of three months or longer,
- Completed application form
- Full set of fingerprint impressions
- Your passport
- Applicable fees
For Non-residents “If you have lived in Ghana for three months or more but no longer reside in Ghana.”
- Completed application form
- You will submit five recent passport-size photographs without wearing spectacles or a cap.
- You must provide scanned or photocopied copies of your passports, both current and old, as well as another form of identification. All copies should be attested by yourself and should be in color.
- Your fingerprints must be taken by a competent law enforcement officer or security authority.
- Payment of applicable fees
- You will provide documentary proof of your last residential address in Ghana. Make sure that the document clearly shows your name, the address, and the date on which you were residing at that address.
- Applicants will provide a copy of their residence permit, work permit, appointment letter, dependent pass, or any other relevant documents.
Note that you must tender the purpose of a PCC (Immigration Authority Letter) and provide a letter stating the reasons for obtaining the PCC. This letter outlines the reasons why you want to obtain a PCC and is often requested by immigration authorities.
The PCC is a document that verifies the absence of a criminal record and is required for various purposes, such as employment, immigration, and travel. The purpose of the letter is to provide additional information to the immigration authorities about the reasons why you want to obtain a PCC.
You will receive the original copy of PCC within 30 working days, but processing time may increase for applicants with past police charges.
Please note that the payment becomes non-refundable once the application is processed. Most importantly, you can only obtain the Police Clearance Certificate within 10 working days.
To check the full list of Ghana Police Clearance statutory fees, kindly click the link below.
Ghana Police Contact Information
To get your own Ghana Police Clearance Certificate and also learn more information about how to get or apply for the police clearance certificate, kindly click the link below.
Thanks for reading this article. If it is helpful, kindly share it with your friends and family. Indicate in the comment section if you have any questions or requests
You Can Apply For
- Ghana Police e-Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment
- SEC recruitment
- FRC Recruitment
- IFC Recruitment
- NSDC Recruitment
- Multichoice Recruitment
- Konga Recruitment
- Molfix Nigeria Recruitment
- Smith Godwin has been a writer at Kindi Recruit for a long time. He has confidence in roles that require a high level of diligence, strong teamwork, and advanced problem-solving skills, along with dedication to achieving uncompromising quality of work under stringent deadlines in an organization.
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023UNIMAID SRMS Student Portal Login | How to Login (2023)
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023Flowextra Login Registration Form 2023 | How to Register
- RecruitmentSeptember 8, 2023TSB Recruitment Posting List 2023/2024 | (Download Complete List)
- BlogSeptember 7, 2023Bauchi State University School Fees 2023/2024 Academic Session First and Second Semesters