How to Use LinkedIn to get a good job: In this article you’ll find very important tips on how to successfully use Linkedin to get a good paying job for yourself, friends or family. So keep reading to the end and make sure that you leave no stone untouched by paying attention to all the guidelines and tips we have provided for you here in this article. Let’s get started.As we all know, finding a job anywhere is not very easy and sometimes we might become very frustrated, worn out, stressed up, tired and depressed. Many times, we always give up due to not getting any positive results from the previous jobs we’ve applied for or from the previous job hunting expedition.
Linkedin is the largest professional internet network platform in the world that you use to access the right part time, full time, remote jobs and internship programs anywhere in the world. You can also use it to professionally connect with, build or strengthen relationships with other members of the community and also get to learn and acquire new skills that can help you advance in your career.
Knowing how to use LinkedIn effectively can increase your chances of finding a good paying job. Below are some top tips to help you make the most of LinkedIn to reduce your search for jobs elsewhere and to help you channel the energy and time spent on job hunting to getting a rewarding job.
Create a Professional Linkedin Profile
Your LinkedIn profile is your online CV or resume therefore, it is very very important that you open a profile on linkedin for yourself and make sure that it is complete, simple, accurate, and highly professional. Use a high-quality image or photo and write a very attractive or compelling headline and summary that showcases your experiences, skills ,milestones or achievements, and your primary career goals. View the image below to see the example of one of the best profile on Linkedin:
What to Say When Creating a Linkedin Profile
- Describe what your passion is because recruiters are really interested in getting to know what you tick and what actually drives you in entirety
- Simply tell them about your present role and not your job title
- Showcase your successes by telling them your success stories
- Show who you truly are by revealing your char character in your profile
- Show what your life is like outside work
- Please make sure that the story you tell is engaging enough to draw attention
- Then ask for what you want and leave a call to action button like the one on the ending part of the last paragraph on the picture above. Something like “feel free to connect with me to know more”, Learn more” etc
Customize Your Linkedin URL
Make a great customized or personalized LinkedIn URL to make it easier for people to find you. Your URL should basically include your name and make a good first impression. Check the picture below to see the example:
How to customize your Linkedin URL
- Go to your profile photo and tap on it
- Then click on view profile
- Click on the more icon button which next to the add section icon
- Select “contact info’
- Then check under profile section
- Find your public profile URL link( something like this www.linkedin.com/in)
- Then copy and paste your url link to share it with the public
Showcase Your Skills and Experiences on your Profile
Make a List of your work experience, education, certifications, and skills on your linkedin profile and make sure that you use simple, concise and action-oriented language to describe or explain your roles and accomplishments too. Remember to include relevant keywords related to your industry because this is very important to help recruiters find you more quickly. Example is seen below:
Grow Your Linkedin Network
You can connect with other professionals in your industry, colleagues, college alumni, and every other person you know. The picture below shows examples of how you can grow or build your network on linkedin:
Engage with Catchy Contents
Comment, share and like posts that are related to your field. When you engage with others’ content, you can build more relationships and grow your linkedin community or network.
Join LinkedIn Groups
- You should find and join groups on Linkedin that aligns with your personal career goals and interest
- Join or Participate in discussions and make sure to contribute valuable insights to such discussions to showcase your expertise.
- Find and follow Companies to stay updated to latest recruitment updates
Use the Linkedin Job Search Feature
- LinkedIn has the most powerful job search feature that helps and allows you to search for jobs by preference, location, industry, keywords, and other requirements.
- Make sure that you Save your job searches and set up alerts to always receive notifications about new job openings
How to Use the Linkedin Job Search Feature
Personalize your Linkedin Connection Requests
Make sure that when you are sending connection requests on linkedin, personalize your messages and explain why you want to connect with them. Also note that generic requests are less likely or never to be accepted. Example of such connection message:
Check below to see how to personalize your connections on Linkedin:
How to Use LinkedIn to get a good job: Request for Recommendations
Requesting for recommendations from colleagues, supervisors, or clients who can speak positively about your work helps to strengthen and build up your linkedin profile and help recruiters to trust your professional ability. It can add credibility to your profile. Check below to see how you can request for recommendations on Linkedin:
How to Use LinkedIn to get a good job: Share Your Work Samples
If there’s a need for you to, make sure that you upload your relevant work samples like articles, presentations, or projects etc to showcase your expertise and achievements to recruiters. See how to share your work samples on Linkedin below:
How to Remove, Delete or Re-order your Work Samples on Linkedin
How to Use LinkedIn to get a good job: Learning on LinkedIn
Like we said earlier in the introductory part of this article above, LinkedIn serves as a learning platform that offers different kinds of courses through the LinkedIn Learning community. So starting and completing courses relevant to your field of personal development can improve your skills and make you a more outstanding and attractive candidate to recruiters or employers.
You Must be Consistent and Professional
By posting regularly, you stay get noticed quickly by employers on Linkedin. So if you want to get your dream job quickly and easily on Linkedin, you need to keep posting and showing up all the time on your profile
Be Fully and Actively Engaged on the Linkedin Platform
To stay actively engaged and relevant as a job seeker on Linkedin, you must update your profile regularly, share relevant topics and contents and engage with your network or community because consistent activity and engagements in the platform shows your commitment and interest in your field.See how you can get noticed on Linkedin as a job seeker below:
Secret tips to Find a Good Job using Linkedin
Make yourself memorable with great stories.
- Keep it fresh.
- Get visual.
- Make yourself accessible.
- Directly contact hiring managers and recruiters.
- Think of LinkedIn as a search engine.
- Don’t ever say you’re seeking new opportunities.
- Clean up your other social media profiles.
- Post a professional photo so that recruiters can find you
- Show volunteer work/community involvement
- Share your successes in LinkedIn posts
Like, comment and share this article to your family and friends to help them secure a good paying job too on Linkedin. Visit our site at Kindirecruit to stay updated to the latest news about other tips you need to navigate through and to also stay updated to latest recruitments
- RecruitmentJanuary 29, 2024Central Bank of Kenya CBK Recruitment 2024/2025 Application
- BlogJanuary 29, 2024Earn $500 Monthly Just for Drawing
- BlogJanuary 29, 2024Highest-Paying Freelance Job Ideas in 2024
- RecruitmentJanuary 17, 2024NIOMR Recruitment 2024/2025 Application Form Portal