If you are pondering, How do I write a resume for a job application? How do I write a professional resume? How do I make a resume successfully? How do I write a good resume as a beginner? How do I make a resume for a teaching job? How do I update my resume? Don’t worry because you’re well covered; we are here to help you.
Welcome to Kindi Recruit! In this article, we’ll show you how to write a good resume for a job application in just a very short period or in a few easy steps, with the right details and precisely what to include in each resume.
Below are some of the major things you will learn and what we will cover in this article concerning writing a good resume for a job application.
- How to make a professional resume
- How to prepare a great resume.
- How to write a resume.
- How to write a resume step by step?
- How do you write a good resume for a beginner?
- How to Write Your First Job Resume
- What is a simple resume format?
- How to create a professional resume
- What to can I put in my resume contact information?
- What should include in a resume work experience section?
- How to write a resume summary or objective statement.
- How to make a great resume skills section.
- What you should put in a resume licenses, certification, and training section.
- How to Write Resume for the first time
- How to Write Resume for a job with no experience
In addition, we will also provide expert resume-writing tips, well-standard resume examples for popular 2023 application jobs, and good resumes for special circumstances, so let’s get started.
First, let’s discuss what a resume is all about.
What does “resume” mean in job applications?
I know many people still do not know or understand the word or the meaning of “resume. A resume is a crucial hiring document that showcases your background and qualifications in a clear, easy-to-read format. It aims to quickly demonstrate your unique qualifications for the position based on your skills and experiences.
To create or make a resume that will easily get attention from employers with relevant and readable content, I will advise you to read this article till the end.
How to Write or Create a Professional Resume
For your resume to stand out as professional among others, follow the simple steps below when writing or preparing a resume for your next job application.
Step One: Pick out the right resume format.
Here, “format refers to the style and order in which you arrange your information on your resume.
We have three types of commonly used resume formats that you can choose from, depending on your preference.
- Chronological, or what you can call reverse-chronological format
- Functional format, and
- Combination format
In chronological resume format, your histories are placed in the professional section first, and as far as I can tell, this is a good option if you have a rich or detailed professional work background with no gaps in employment.
The functional resume format highlights the major skills section if you are switching companies.
The combination resume format is good when you have some professional experience, especially with both working history and skills being equally important.
Step Two: Include your name and contact information.
The first piece of information to begin with is your name and contact details, which include your email address(es) and phone number(s). Very importantly, make your name highly visible at the top of your resume with a good font or a bold font, and the font must be bigger than the rest of the document.
Step Three: Add a resume summary or objective.
After the above step, you can choose to include either a resume summary or an objective statement. In this section, you can quickly explain your career goals and ensure that your resume summary is a short statement with an active language description.
Step Four: List your soft and hard skills.
In this stage, you are to create a skill section with some major keywords that are important to the intended employer.
You can also list any required skills, like licenses and certificates, first.
Step Five: List your professional history with keywords.
Carefully write out your professional history about your previous work. You can also include the company name, the time or period in which you were employed, the job title, and a few key responsibilities and even achievements during your time at the company.
Step Six: Include an education section.
The educational section is one of the major parts of a professional resume, when writing it, ensure to include the name of the institution, dates of graduation, and area of study.
In addition, if you have any relevant certificates or licenses related to the job description you are applying for, you can also include them in this section.
Step Seven: Format your resume
The appearance of your resume is very important, you need to arrange your resume in a way that looks attractive to employers, Check out the examples below.
- Make sure your resume font size is between 10 and 12 points.
- Use a font phase that is earlier and easier to read, like Times New Roman or Arial, and try to avoid stylized fonts.
- Set your margins well, for example, 1 to 1.5 inches.
- Ensure that your name and section headers are bold or very big in a font size of not more than 14 points.
- Always use bullet points whenever you are listing different pieces of information.
Step Eight: Proofread your resume.
Make sure you take time to review the information provided in your resume to avoid making unnecessary mistakes.
How to write a resume, step by step
Begin your resume on the right track with some: choose a particular type of résumé you want to write, create a header that includes your name and contact information, Write a summary, list out your experiences or skills, and your achievements when working for that company. You then list your educational qualifications; if you have any awards won, you can include them; and your interests.
What is a simple resume format?
A simple resume is an organized, clean, and streamlined resume with minimal design elements, ensuring maximum readability without distracting colors or fonts.
Ongoing Recruitment. Send your resume now:
- Smith Godwin has been a writer at Kindi Recruit for a long time. He has confidence in roles that require a high level of diligence, strong teamwork, and advanced problem-solving skills, along with dedication to achieving uncompromising quality of work under stringent deadlines in an organization.
- BlogFebruary 21, 2024FUOYE Student Portal Login | How to Login – ecampus.fuoye.edu.ng
- BlogFebruary 21, 2024Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro Students Portal Login | How to Login – poly.dsustportal.com
- BlogFebruary 20, 2024FUGUS Student Portal 2024 | How to Login – ugs.fugusau.edu.ng
- BlogJanuary 29, 2024BASUG Student Portal Login | How to Login – basug.safsrms.com