Stephenson Harwood scholarship program 2023. I’m excited to inform the general public that Stephenson Harwood is offering scholarships for interested students looking to study law at any University in the United Kingdom (UK). How to apply, requirements, application deadline, recruitment portal, and other necessary information are well highlighted in this article.
The Stephenson Harwood scholarship offers £15,000 per year to cover university fees and living expenses. Applicants receive a mentor, insight days, employment workshops, work experience, and a guaranteed training contract. The program addresses practical barriers like university costs and a lack of legal working experience.
Wow! As you can see, this is a golden opportunity for all those who dream of becoming great lawyers or solicitors in the future. So, we’ve advised you to pay close attention to all the details provided in this article because everything you needed to know about the Stephenson Harwood Scholarship program 2023 and how to apply is available here.
About the Stephenson Harwood scholarship program
Stephenson Harwood LLP is launching scholarship and solicitor apprenticeship programs, starting in September 2021. Eifion Morris, Chief Executive, is passionate about expanding access to the legal profession and promoting diversity. The programs aim to increase diversity in the legal profession, promoting a more inclusive and diverse workforce.
Stephenson Harwood grew up in a rural village in West Wales, where one grandfather was a miner and the other a farmer. They were the first and only one of ten grandchildren to go to university, thanks to the dedication of teachers in their local comprehensive school.
They have been outsiders for much of their professional lives, working in their second language, expressing their sexuality, or choosing a training contract at a mid-sized firm with a unique training system (Gouldens).
This diversity is a key part of their contribution to teams and leading the wider firm. The author believes that more diversity in law is needed, and these programs aim to support individuals who may have thought a career in law was not for them.
The solicitor apprenticeship scheme offers a viable alternative to a law career and is open to students from school. Successful participants qualify as solicitors after a six-year program, enjoying similar opportunities as Stephenson Harwood trainees. They participate in practice groups and secondments and receive supervision and support from partners and associates.
Is Stephenson Harwood scholarship program Ongoing?
Yes. The Stephenson Harwood scholarship program for 2023 is ongoing. The management of Stephenson Harward is looking for qualities that will make individuals high-performing law students for a possible future trainee solicitor, either at Stephenson Harwood or in the world at large.
To be eligible for this opportunity, Interested candidates must successfully apply for a law degree, which will commence on October 1, 2023.
Prior to this, the Stephenson Harwood scholarship program application form is free, and the application portal is accessible by all prospective candidates who wish to study law.
While waiting for the application to commence, I advise you to learn below how to apply, the recruitment process, and the criteria so that once the application begins, you will just proceed to the application portal to submit your application.
To be eligible for the Stephenson Harwood Scholarship program 2023, interested persons must adhere to the following requirements, which are the benchmark of this scholarship.
- Prospective candidates must physically demonstrate the academic potential to succeed at the university level.
- Interested applicants must have enrolled and have been attending since age 11, either at a state- or federally-founded, non-fee-paying school/college.
- Candidates must belong to the poorest household where no parents or guardians have attended any College or University before.
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time students.
- Applicants must have been in any less privileged home or any local authority care for at least three (3) months or more.
- Candidates who visited the UK either as refugees or asylum seekers have an added advantage.
- Applicants must have completed their state school or college (WAEC, NECO, GCE, etc.) with a minimum of 5 credits, including English and Mathematics.
- Applicants must possess the ability to learn and the capacity for knowledge and understanding.
- Prospective candidates must quickly assimilate and also know how to master substantial factual information.
- Applicants must think logically and use their incisive thinking to identify the key issues in a problem.
- Candidates must have meticulous attention to information and possess the ability to work to a high standard.
- Applicants should have the capability to accumulate new challenges and maintain the necessary commitment, energy, and motivation.
Scholarship Application Timeline/Process
This is a very important part of the Stephenson Harwood scholarship program. Initially, we have seven (7) basic processes before you can see yourself as having been a scholarship beneficiary at Stephenson Harwood.
1. 1st October: The applications are open for interested candidates to apply.
2. 28th February: Application Process
This is when Human Resources will be receiving applications from interested applicants.
3. February – March: Application Close
The first stage is an online application form. If this stage is successful, the qualified candidate will be interviewed by Human Resources. All successful applicants will then be invited for an online written exercise.
4. End of March: Final Interview
Candidates who successfully complete the written exercise will be officially invited into Stephenson Harwood’s head office for an oral interview with the panel of trustees of the charity and a member of the Human Resources Department.
5. With Two weeks
Offers Received. This is when the commission will offer qualified candidates admission into any university of their choice.
6. 1st September
£15,000 in your bank Qualified students will then receive £15,000 as a commission to commence their studies.
7. September – October
Start University. Congratulations! This is where all the stress of the application process ends.
How to Apply for Stephenson Harwood Scholarship Program
- First visit online portal via www.shlegal-futuretalent.com
- On the application portal, click on Applying on the menu bar.
- Then look for Scholarships and click on “Apply Online.”
- Highlight the program of your choice.
- Insect your active email address and click on Next.“
- You will receive a confirmation note in your email; this means your email has been activated for the scholarship registration.
- Later, return to the application portal and log in to your account.
- The amount of information needed in the application form is quite large, so you need to be extremely careful when filling it out.
- After completing the information required, kindly proofread your details in case there are any mistakes.
- Proceed to submit your online application
Stephenson Harwood scholarship program Application Deadline
The application deadline varies depending on the scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the online application portal to learn more about the closing date for each scholarship category. The official starting date for the Stephenson Harwood scholarship program 2023 is October 1, 2023, to February 28, 2024.
This is all we’ve got for you concerning the Stephenson Harwood scholarship program, I hope this article is of help, and you will be able to apply for scholarships at Stephenson Harwood once the application process commences.
If you have any questions, kindly indicate them in the comment box below, and don’t forget us on Kindi Recruit.
How much does Stephenson Harwood pay?
Stephenson Harwood pays a salary of £46,000 to all first-year students and £51,000 to second-year students. The commission’s current NQ salary is £90,000.
What makes Stephenson Harwood different?
Staff working at Stephenson Harwood speak over 40 languages, allowing trainees to work with various legal jurisdictions and provide global advice. International secondments in Paris and Dubai further develop these skills.
How many partners does Stephenson Harwood have?
Stephenson Harwood has about 190 partners.
Stephenson Harwood is a law firm institution with over 1,300 individuals worldwide, including more than 190 partners.
Who founded Stephenson Harwood?
The founders of Stephenson Harwood were Henry Stephenson and William Harwood in 1875.
Who are Stephenson Harwood competitors?
Stephenson Harwood has many competitors; the following are the top competitors:
- Hill Dickinson LLP,
- Osborne Clarke LLP,
- Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP,
- Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- NAQS Recruitment
- FSDH Merchant Bank Recruitment
- Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment
- Heritage Bank Recruitment
- SunTrust Bank Recruitment
- Akwa Ibom State TESCOM Recruitment
- Ibom Air Recruitment
- Landmark University Recruitment
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- Smith Godwin has been a writer at Kindi Recruit for a long time. He has confidence in roles that require a high level of diligence, strong teamwork, and advanced problem-solving skills, along with dedication to achieving uncompromising quality of work under stringent deadlines in an organization.
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023UNIMAID SRMS Student Portal Login | How to Login (2023)
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023Flowextra Login Registration Form 2023 | How to Register
- RecruitmentSeptember 8, 2023TSB Recruitment Posting List 2023/2024 | (Download Complete List)
- BlogSeptember 7, 2023Bauchi State University School Fees 2023/2024 Academic Session First and Second Semesters