Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 Application Form is out. Comprehensive guidelines on how to submit an application for QECS for international students, application portal are available on this page.
The management of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) wishes to notify the entire public and interested students that the 2024 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship has commenced and suitably qualified applicants should visit ACU’s official application portal to apply.
QECS awards can be held in multiple Commonwealth Countries, but only one application per host university is accepted. If two applications are submitted for one host country or university, only the first one will be considered.
In this article, we’ll provide all the relevant information you need to know about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship and how to successfully apply.
About the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships provide students with a two-year Master’s degree in low- or middle-income Commonwealth countries, aiming to create change in communities. These life-changing opportunities broaden horizons and build a lasting global network.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars foster positive change through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, addressing shared challenges in their home countries and host countries. They shape the Commonwealth network’s future.
QECS offers two cycles each year: November/December and March/April. Applications are required, but multiple applications are allowed for other countries.
Is Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 open now?
No, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) 2023 is now closed and will reopen in November 2023 for the next batch.
Prospective candidates are advised to read through this article to know the exact date, requirements, how to apply, eligibility, and other relevant information about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2023.
- Undergraduate Internship Programs in Nigeria and How to Apply
- Google Scholarships for international students
What does the scholarship cover?
Many undergraduate students have been asking us what QECS covers. Below are the basics and fundamentals covered by the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship.
- Paying entry tuition fees
- Feeding allowance throughout the duration of the award
- One-off allowance for your first arrival
- Research Support Grant: this is subject to approval.
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
- Prospective applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the authorized Commonwealth country.
- Interested applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants of all ages can submit an application for this opportunity.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Fields of Study
We’ve helped you list out the acceptable courses where you can apply for Commonwealth scholarships. These are:
- MA Applied Linguistics
- MA Development Studies
- MA Diplomacy & International Affairs
- MA Geography
- MA Governance
- MA History
- MA Journalism
- MA Linguistics
- MA Literature
- MA Major in Education
- MA Marine Management
- MA Mathematics
- MA Pacific Studies
- MA Politics/ International Affairs
- MA Social Policy
- MA Sociology
- Master of Agriculture (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Accounting (by thesis)
- Master of Commerce in Economics
- Master of Commerce in Official Statistics
- Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Law
- Master of Law
- MSc Biology
- MSc Chemistry
- MSc Computing Science
- MSc Earth Science
- MSc Engineering
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Geospatial Science
- MSc Information Systems
- MSc Marine Science
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Physics
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must possess a master’s degree from any recognized university.
- Prospective candidates must not be over 40 years of age.
- A fundamental certificate such as WAEC, NECO, etc.
- First-degree original and Master’s degree certificates
- Applicants must issue their NYSC discharge certificate.
- International Passport
- Applicants with criminal reports should not apply.
How to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024
- You will first review the list of approved countries, universities, and courses, where you would desire to study and submit an application.
- After you decide, view the vital university’s official website for more details on your chosen field.
- Fill out and submit your WECS online application form. Note that all QECS applications should be submitted via the ACU website.
- The next step is to submit an application for admission to your desired institution’s course directly to the institution (university). (This is an additional QECS application still done on the ECU website.)
- After observing the above, you need to create an ACU account.
- Login to the portal, proceed to the application form, and fill it out.
- Give out the correct details about yourself on the application form.
- Make sure your choice, of course, is among the courses at the university you’ve selected.
- Proofread your content and submit.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from Human ResourcesWe’ll update this page once the application opens.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 application closing date is May 24, 2023, at 15:00 (UTC). Applicants who couldn’t submit their application before the application deadline should not worry; the application will reopen in November 2023.
Prior to this, you are to visit this page frequently to be updated once the starting date in Nigeria is announced, because we’re going to update this page once it’s disclosed.
Who is eligible for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship?
Eligible students for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships must be citizens or permanent residents of the authorized Commonwealth country. Interested applicants must have a bachelor’s degree. Applicants of all ages can submit an application for this opportunity.
What is the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 2025?
QECS application deadline is May 24, 2023
The application is closed for now, and it will reopen again in November 2023. Interested applicants are to wait until then.
Can I apply for a QECS in my home country/country of citizenship?
No. Prospective candidates must apply in a country different from their citizenship country.
Is there an age limit for QECS awards?
No, there is no age limit for a QECS Award.
Can I apply for a QECS in the final year of my undergraduate degree?
No. All interested candidates must complete their degree with an equivalent of 2.1 at the time of application. A final degree certificate and final transcript will be required from you.
Can I apply for a QECS to study for an undergraduate degree?
You cannot. Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships are only for Master’s degree students.
Can I apply for a QECS to study for a Master’s degree part-time?
No. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships award is only for full-time study.
Ongoing Recruitments In Nigeria
- UK Teachers Recruitment
- SEC recruitment
- FMBN Recruitment
- PFMO Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- Julius Berger Recruitment
- Lafarge Recruitment
- NLNG Recruitment
- AGIP Oil Company Recruitment
- UBA Recruitment
- TAJ Bank Recruitment
- Air Peace Recruitment
- Reno Airline Recruitment
- Nestle Nigeria Recruitment
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment
- Kabo Air Recruitment
- Jaiz Bank Recruitment
- SPDC Recruitment
- Nasarawa State Teachers Recruitment
- Beloxxi Recruitment
- CAC Recruitment
- Access Bank Recruitment
- Shell Recruitment
- Chevron Recruitment
- Providus Bank Recruitment
- Union Bank Recruitment
- Coca Cola Recruitment
- Smith Godwin has been a writer at Kindi Recruit for a long time. He has confidence in roles that require a high level of diligence, strong teamwork, and advanced problem-solving skills, along with dedication to achieving uncompromising quality of work under stringent deadlines in an organization.
- RecruitmentMarch 4, 2024CBN Recruitment Exams and Past Questions and Answers (2010-2024)
- BlogFebruary 28, 2024Top 10 Highest Paying Tech Jobs in Nigeria 2024 Update
- Ask KindiFebruary 28, 20245 Best Careers in Nigeria for You ( 2024 Update)
- RecruitmentFebruary 27, 2024Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria 2024/2025 | Recruitment News in Nigeria Today