PHCN Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form is out. This article highlights the PHCN job recruitment portal, vacancies, application form, requirements, how to apply, starting/closing dates, and other necessary information.
Hello, welcome to Kindi Recruit! Our work is to project daily job vacancies across Africa. Are you a graduate in the Electrical field or searching online for an electrical job? Look no further. The Power Holding Company of Nigeria is calling for applications from suitable and qualified applicants to fill the vacant position in their commission. This is to officially inform the general public that PHCN Recruitment 2023 has commenced.
In this article, we’ll expound on all the important information you should know regarding the Power Holding Company of Nigeria’s recruitment, such as; requirements, the recruitment process, how to successfully apply, the application form, recruitment portal, and many more. So, keep reading to find out the latest updates concerning PHCN recruitment 2023.
Is PHCN Recruitment Application Form 2023 Out?
Yes, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria has officially commenced its 2023 PHCN recruitment exercise, and the application form is out. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the recruitment portal via www.phcn.gov.ng to access the job openings and apply for any position of their choice by following the steps on how to apply provided in this article.
PHCN Recruitment Form 2023
The Power Holding Company of Nigeria is ongoing. Any interested person who wishes to or dreams of working in the electrical sector and knows that he or she has what it takes to work at Power Holding Company of Nigeria can immediately submit an application through the PHCN recruitment portal.
Prior to this, applicants are advised that the 2023 PHCN application or recruitment form is free and accessible to all candidates. Do not pay any money to anyone either to assist you in the recruitment process or purchase an application form; if you find such a person, kindly report it to the nearest police station or PHCN management board through the recruitment portal.
General Requirements for PHCN Recruitment 2023
To be employed by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), applicants must match the following requirements, both educationally and otherwise:
- Depending on the position you are applying for, applicants should have a minimum of one (1) to five (5) years of working experience in their discipline
- Interested applicants who are registered members of any relevant professional body stand a better chance.
- Prospective candidates must have proficient knowledge of computer applications and also abide by the roles and regulations of PHCN.
- Strong strategic leadership and direction skills are required from candidates.
- Intended or prospective candidates should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates applying must be Nigerians with a legal and valid means of identification.
- Applicants must be familiar with the various types of electricity metering infrastructure.
- Very importantly, a fundamental educational certificate is required, such as WAEC, NECO, etc., with at least five (5) credits in essential subjects, including English and mathematics, which are mandatory.
- Regardless of the position you are applying for, you must possess either an OND, HND, B.Sc., B.Eng., or a Master’s degree from a government-recognized institution.
- Applicants must have little knowledge of electricity regulatory codes.
- Interested applicants should be knowledgeable about metering installation.
Note that only applicants who meet the advertisement criteria will be shortlisted for an interview. So, you’re advised to try as much as you can to keep to the job requirements.
PHCN Recruitment Portal 2023
www.phcn.gov.ng is the official PHCN online recruitment portal where interested applicants can access, fill out, and submit PHCN job application form.
How to Apply for PHCN Recruitment 2023
Candidates should note that the application for PHCN recruitment is done via the PHCN recruitment portal, www.phcn.gov.ng, You’ll need an internet connection, and you should also have all your credentials for this job clearly scanned.
The following are the simple steps for you to submit your application.
- First, visit the application portal via www.phcn.gov.ng
- Click job career opportunities under public advertisement
- Highlight the positions to apply
- Accurately, read through the application descriptions and instructions before you start.
- Fill out the recruitment form, and upload the appropriate documents.
- Proofread your application twice before submission.
Endeavor to provide valid information on the application form about yourself, including academic and professional certificates, because any mistakes might lead to disqualification.
PHCN Recruitment Application Deadline 2023
The PHCN recruitment job application is ending on Monday, 31st of July, 2023. Try as much as possible to submit your application form on or before the closing date.
Prior to this, failure to submit your application form before this stipulated deadline will automatically lead to the disqualification of such an application.
PHCN Recruitment Process
There are six (6) stages before gaining employment at the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). These are
1. Job Advertisement
This is when the application will be made public for interested applicants to apply.
2. Application Review
At this stage, Human Resources will then sort or compile the already submitted applications, select the best-qualified applicants who met the advertisement requirement, and then release the list of shortlisted candidates.
3. Aptitude Test
Shortlisted candidates at this stage will be invited to take a compulsory aptitude test.
Successful applicants from the aptitude test stage will be invited for the final interview.
5. Medical Examination
Selected applicants will undergo a medical examination to ensure they are well-fixed and physically and mentally equipped for the job.
6. Background Check
PHCN will conduct a background check on those applicants who are about to commence work to verify their academic and professional qualifications, their history, and, very importantly, their criminal record.
PHCN Recruitment Frequently Asked Question
How much is PHCN prepaid meter in Nigeria?
The current price for prepaid meters in Nigeria is N58,000.
Is PHCN Still Existing
No, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria has basically come to an end. It is now known as the electricity distribution, generation, and transmission companies.
What is PHCN Called Now
The PHCN is now called the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). This was established on 30th September 2023 by Goodluck Jonathan’s regime
When was NEPA changed to PHCN
NEPA was changed to PHCN in 2005.
What is the function of PHCN?
Nigeria’s Power Holding Company (PHCN) governs electricity usage and runs the NEPA Lagos football team, representing the country in the West African Power Pool.
How Many Power Stations Do We Have in Nigeria?
There are thirty (30) Power Plants in Nigeria.
The following are the 30 Electricity Power Plants and their locations in Nigeria
- KAINJI POWER STATION, Niger, Hydro 800MW
- JEBBA POWER STATION,Niger, Hydro 540MW
- KANO POWER STATION, Kano, Hydro 100MW
- DADIN KOWA POWER STATION, Gombe Hydro 40 MW
- AZURA POWER STATION, Edo State Gas turbine 450MW
- ITOBE POWER STATION, Kogi: Circulating Fluidized bed technology, 1200MW
- SAPELE POWER STATION(1)Delta state, gas-fired steam turbine, 1020 MW
- SAPELE POWER STATION (2) Delta State, NIPP, simple cycle gas turbine, 450 MW
- TRANSCORP UGHELLI POWER STATION, Delta state, 900 MW, simple cycle gas turbine
- IBOM POWER STATION, Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom, combined cycle gas turbine, 191 MW
- UK Teachers Recruitment
- SEC recruitment
- FMBN Recruitment
- PFMO Recruitment
- NIMASA Recruitment
- Julius Berger Recruitment
- Lafarge Recruitment
- NLNG Recruitment
- AGIP Oil Company Recruitment
- UBA Recruitment
- TAJ Bank Recruitment
- Smith Godwin has been a writer at Kindi Recruit for a long time. He has confidence in roles that require a high level of diligence, strong teamwork, and advanced problem-solving skills, along with dedication to achieving uncompromising quality of work under stringent deadlines in an organization.
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023UNIMAID SRMS Student Portal Login | How to Login (2023)
- BlogSeptember 8, 2023Flowextra Login Registration Form 2023 | How to Register
- RecruitmentSeptember 8, 2023TSB Recruitment Posting List 2023/2024 | (Download Complete List)
- BlogSeptember 7, 2023Bauchi State University School Fees 2023/2024 Academic Session First and Second Semesters